Thursday, July 14, 2011

And away we go...

"Bake bread en famille.  Break bread en famille.  Cook by hand, from scratch.  Use all of your senses when  you cook.  Become familiar with the basic beauty of flour, water, eggs, sugar and salt.  Be religious about family dinners.  Turn off the tv.  Don't answer the phone.  Talk about what you're eating.  Converse.  Ask questions.  Put your utensils down while you eat.  Savor."

It is only appropriate that I start with this quote as it sums up in a few basic lines how I feel about food and my relationship to it!  I have such a passion for taking something as simple and pure as a freshly picked tomato still warm from the afternoon sun and creating mouthfuls of satisfaction that leaves our tastebuds begging for more.  I have a kitchen full of Hanover tomatoes from my father-in-law's garden so over the next few days I will turnout some of the summer's most sought after recipes!

No comments: